Betty Wells, President of the Port Isabel Chamber and Valerie Bates, Marketing Director for the City of Port Isabel, spoke to members at the All Chamber Meeting on Friday, Nov. 9th.
Betty and Valerie talked about what is happening around our area and how Valerie is promoting the businesses in Port Isabel. Some of the fun events coming up are:
1. Wine Tasting for the small shops in the Lighthouse Square on November 24th from 3:00 to 8:00PM.
2. Computer classes for seniors at the library.
3. Support the troups program at the library.
4. The new big WhataBurger ribbon cutting on November 28th.
5. Check out free audiobooks and eBooks at http://southtexas.lib.overdrive.com. You need to have a library card and this website recognizes many different library cards. For us, you can acquire a card at our Port Isabel Library located on Yturria St. near Hwy. 100.
Port Isabel has a lot to offer and is growing. The Event Center is under construction and if you haven’t visited the Lighthouse Square, you should. Check it out!