1. Learn to build a sand castle. $75. an hr. for up to 5 people. Email Walter or Sandy Feet at amazinwalter.com or call 956-433-9659. This is a blast!
2. Hitch your surfboard to the wind. A 3 hr. introduction lesson for $279. at Air Padre Kiteboarding will get you sailing. You can call 956-299-9463 or go to airpadrekiteboarding.com
3. Follow a pod of dolphins. Scarlet Colley does a tour from the South Padre Island Dolphin Research & Sea Life Nature Center that is amazing. Call 956-299-1957 or go to spisealife.org
4. Get hooked on fly-fishing. Call Capt. Dale Fridy at 956-761-2722 or go to redfishinn.com. $475. for two to learn to fly-fish!
5. Hang out with the turtles. Sea Turtle, Inc. is dedicated to the preservation of the Kemp’s Ridley sea turtle. Watch a turtle release on the beach or visit Sea Turtle, Inc. on Padre Blvd. near the Birding Center. This is really interesting! Call 956-761-4511 or go to seaturtleinc.org.